Plan International USA
A global initiative of Plan International, Because I am a Girl creates sustainable projects in developing countries to give girls access to the most basic of human rights: clean water, food, healthcare, education, financial security, and protection from violence and exploitation. These multi-sectoral programs enable girls to realize their own power as they transition into adulthood. As strong girls and soon-to-be women, they will be able to uplift their entire families and communities. Phoebe has been a Global Ambassador since 2015. Donate here!
As: The Mom/Liz
As: Hayley Marshall
Elite & Top Affiliates
Opened: May 28, 2015
Hosting: FanSt | DMCA
If you would like to donate photos to this site, please contact us through our email in the section above. Any donations will be credited in a post on the main site (if you so desire).
Our site is best viewed with google chrome.
Phoebe made #10 on Buzzfeed’s list!
Highlights: Phoebe continued to appear in The Originals, but also found the time to appear in Pillow Talk and Safe Harbour. Catch her in The Affair in 2018.
See the rest of the list at the Source!
I was very lucky yesterday (November 11th) to have several questions answered by Phoebe, Julie, and Carina. They ranged from questions about Hayley’s background to how Hope was named to what they wished could have included in the show.
Recently, Alyssa Milano took to twitter asking women to share their stories of sexual harassment and assault. “If you’ve been sexually harassed or assaulted write ‘me too’ as a reply to this tweet.” She included an image of text that said, “Me too. Suggested by a friend: ‘If all the women who have been sexually harassed or assaulted wrote ‘Me too.’ as a status, we might give people a sense of the magnitude of the problem.'” This is in light of the recent exposé by Ronan Farrow in The New Yorker revealing the sexual misconduct of Harvey Weinstein.
Phoebe shared her own experiences and thoughts on twitter.
Me too, Phoebe. Me too.
1. Her full name is Phoebe Jane Elizabeth Tonkin. How regal!
2. She was born on July 12, 1989. She’s 28 years old.
3. She’s actually Australian. Don’t let her American accent on The Originals fool you. Phoebe is a total Aussie. She grew up in Sydney, Australia.
4. She had braces as a kid.
5. She can dance. When she was four, she took dance classes in ballet, hip hop, contemporary dance, and tap dance. She still posts videos of her dancing to Instagram.
6. She studied theater from the very beginning. When Phoebe was 12, she started taking classes at the Australian Theatre for Young People (ATYP).
7. She got her big break on the Australian teen show, H2o: Just Add Water. The show was about three girls who become mermaids after a mysterious island transforms them and gives them special powers.
8. She has history with her Originals co-star Claire Holt. The fellow Aussie plays Rebekah Mikaelson on The Originals, but she actually played Phoebe’s bestie and fellow mermaid on H2O: Just Add Water. BIGGEST. COINCIDENCE. EVER.
9. She moved to Los Angeles to pursue acting in 2011. Because she’s fearless.
10. She starred in Miles Fisher’s music video for “Don’t Let Go.”
11. She made her big break in America on the CW’s The Secret Circle. The show was about a secret coven of witches in a small town and Phoebe played Faye Chamberlain, a free-spirited witch who uses her powers recklessly and selfishly.
12. She dated her The Vampire Diaries co-star Paul Wesley. Phoebe and Paul dated from 2011 to June 2017. But don’t worry — they’re still friends and hang out on the regs.
13. She loves babies.
14. She’s passionate and outspoken about global issues.
15. She loves herself some TV. She’s obsessed with The Handmaid’s Tale, Stranger Things, and The Affair.
16. She looks exactly like her mom.
You can purchase Daniel’s t-shirt to raise funds for Oxfam at represent.com/gillies.